HESI Test Information
The HESI A2 entrance exam will be required for application to the RN program. The exam consists of Critical Thinking, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Math, Vocabulary, Anatomy & Physiology, Personality Profile, and Learning Styles sections. There is a 4.5 hour time limit on the HESI A2 administration. Further information regarding the HESI test is available at http://evolve.elsevier.com/exam.
HESI Registration Information
- The HESI A2 exam is only available to San Jacinto College students (the test is only administered at San Jacinto College Central Testing Center)
- To register, you must go to https://www.registerblast.com/sjccentral/exam/list to select a test date and time. You must create an user account to register for the exam. There will be no on campus registration at the Testing Center.
- There is a 14 day waiting period for scheduling an additional HESI test date
- The HESI test fee must be paid online on test day (payment must be debit or credit card, no cash)
- Seating is limited for all test dates. Registration is on a first come first serve basis
- If you need to cancel your test date, you can log into your RegisterBlast account to cancel your registration
Preparation for the HESI
The Testing Center does not have study materials available for the HESI exam; however, the study guide for Evolve Reach Admission Assessment Ex-am Review (HESI A2) can be purchased online at Amazon or Barnes & Noble. The Barnes & Noble bookstore at SJC Central does carry the study guide for the HESI A2 exam. HESI publishes a review book specifically for this exam.
HESI Test Results
Effective 07/01/2018, all scores will be available through your Evolve account 24-48 hours after testing. The Test Center does not retain copies of any HESI test scores.
Please bring the following on test day:
- Evolve username & password (you will not be able to test without it)
- HESI test fee (must be credit or debit card only, no cash)
- Proper photo-identification (you will not be able to test without it)
- A jacket or sweater (room temperature may vary)
- Lockers are available but are limited
Please do not bring any unauthorized aids into the test room such as backpacks, study aides, books, dictionaries, notes, scratch paper, highlighters, pens, colored pencils, correction fluid, reading material, tobacco in any form, and/or any electronic devices (for example, beepers, PDA, cell phone, headphones, camera, IPOD, etc.)
Parking: There is a parking shortage at certain times of the day. You are advised to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled testing time. Do Not Park in Staff Parking at anytime. You will receive a San Jacinto College ticket.
**For North Campus HESI testing, contact the Nursing department.
**For South Campus HESI testing for Vocational Nursing, please visit: www.sanjac.edu/vn
**For South Campus HESI testing for ADN Transition, please visit: www.sanjac.edu/adn-transition